Welcome to Roseburg Public Library
2020 SUMMER READING PROGRAM - JUNE 8 THROUGH AUGUST 28
Everyone who turns in a completed log will be entered into a drawing for the grand prize - a hover board and helmet! That's just 30 days of reading.
Children and Teens are invited to complete a book review sheet for every book they read over the summer to be entered into a random drawing for raffle prizes! The list of prizes is here. The more books you read, the better your chances.
Grab-and-go craft kits for all youth are available to pick up at the drive-through service every Thursday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Date: June 17, 2020
Contact: Eric Johnson
Title: Communications Specialist
Roseburg Public Library Reopens
Roseburg, OR – The Roseburg Public Library is delighted to announce that they will begin reopening on Tuesday, June 30, 2020. With the reopening, the Library will be implementing changes to its services in order to comply with state guidelines.
Library Director Kris Wiley comments on the reopening. “The Library is excited to welcome our patrons back into the building,” says Wiley. “We thank everyone for their patience during this difficult time. We know it has been hard, but we can’t wait to see our friends again.”
To ensure safety of patrons, staff and volunteers, the Library is implementing a Reopening Plan, which is divided into three phases. Each phase includes changes to operating hours and level of services provided. Details on each phase are below.
Phase One: June 30 – July 11
The Library will be open on Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Thursdays from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.; and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (except on July 4, the Library will be closed). Due to limited staff and to ensure adequate social distancing, only 50 patrons are allowed inside the library at one time. Patrons are limited to one hour in the Library, and facemasks are strongly encouraged. Volunteers will not be available, and donations will not be accepted.
Phase Two: July 14 – July 25
The Library will be open on Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Thursdays from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.; and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. A limited number of volunteers may work inside the Library during non-open hours. Donations will be accepted from the public.
Phase Three: July 28 – August 29
The Library will be open on Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.; and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. More volunteers may be asked to work during non-open hours.
Depending on the success of each phase, the Library may choose to change any or all of the above timelines. Updates to the Reopening Plan will be available on www.CityofRoseburg.org and on the Library’s Facebook and Instagram profiles.
“The Library is taking a cautious approach to reinstituting services, which affords us the opportunity to carefully assess the impact of opening our community space,” Wiley says.
In addition to the phased reopening, the Library will be following guidelines issued by the State Library of Oregon and the Oregon Health Authority (OHA). The following changes will be made:
- In-person children’s programs will not be hosted for the foreseeable future. Instead, Library staff are hosting weekly virtual storytimes via Facebook @RoseburgLibrary. Several online events are scheduled for the summer and will be posted to the Library’s social media channels.
- The Ford Room and two multipurpose rooms are available for public use beginning June 30. However, capacity is capped at 25 in the Ford Room and three in each multipurpose room. The per-usage fee is $25 when the Library or Douglas Education Service District is open and $75 when both are closed.
- Only six public computers will be available for use. Patrons, who want to use a computer, will be required to wear a facemask and are limited to one hour per day.
- Computers in the children’s and teen rooms will be unavailable.
- Lobby restrooms will be closed and water fountains will be turned off.
- Drive-up pickup service will continue throughout the phased reopening of the Library. Every Thursday, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., patrons can pick up reserved books from the safety of their vehicles at the Library parking lot. To arrange for this service, please call the Library at 541-492-7050.
For more information, please contact the Roseburg Public Library at 541-492-7050 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access the library catalog here
Dolly Parton's Imagination Library online registration here